The Hunts

The Hunts

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My 2-year-old little lady

Last weekend Andy & I attempted one more shot at Avery's 2-year phtoshoot.  We took advantage of the sun, though it did make photography a bit more challenging.  We ended up with a few good ones.  It kind of makes me sad to look at these pictures - my baby girl is growing up way too fast.  She's still a baby in alot of ways, very dependent on Mommy still, but she's growing more mature by the day.  I just want to keep her little forever!
This one is my favorite.  So grown up.

Smiles for Daddy!


People say they can see Mommy in some of these pictures.  I love it!  She's still very much Daddy (well, Grandma to be exact) but I love the Mommy moments. 

Avery has hit the terrible 2's with a bang.  She's stubborn, willful and knows that if she cries long and loud enough, someone's bound to give her what she wants.  At times I find myself at a loss, how did I end up with such a spunky kid?!  But days I'm away from her I miss her crazy antics, her sweet smile, her cuddles, her class-clown tricks to make people laugh, and her loving heart.  She cracks me up daily with things she says, faces she makes, dances & songs she sings.  She has enough personality for 2 kids for sure.  Daycare is proving to be a huge success: she now enjoys going, and we find she's more even-tempered on daycare days.  She's a kid who needs structure.  And all of her teachers absolutely adore her.  I still drive up to an excited little girl, running into my arms at the end of the day.  I wish that would last through her lifetime, to know that she's as happy to see me as I am to see her.  She is super excited to be a big sister, proclaiming "I big sisser!" and taps Mommy's tummy.  She's loving and caring to her dolls and other babies, hopefully she's that way with her sibling on the way!

I wish I could bottle my little baby girl up, keep her from growing up and shield her from the pains and hardships of life.  But I have to admit, as she grows more into the spunky little girl she is I love her more than I think possible.  Just don't grow up too fast my sweet Stinker, Mommy loses too many tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment