The Hunts

The Hunts

Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Trick-A-Treat!"


We had such a fun Halloween this year!  We started off the weekend before at Nannie's & Opie's house to show them our little peacock.  Avery wasn't a fan of the hat, but I got one picture of her with it after Opie modeled it first.  She practiced her "Trick-A-Treat" pose. 

We carved a pumpkin a few weeks before.  Mickey Mouse is one of Avery's favorites.  She wasn't into carving the pumpkin at all this year, she thought the pumpkin guts were "ew, yucky!"
On Halloween Nana picked Avery up from daycare and brought her to Starbucks so she could participate in the fun kids activities and trick-or-treating they do there.
And then we came home to get Daddy and hit one of the hot neighborhoods in downtown Bellevue for some real trick-or-treating.  We weren't sure how she'd do since it had been raining all day and she wasn't excited to put on her costume again.  (I had to let her paint my face to re-paint hers).  But she put on her costume and rain boots, the skies opened up for us, and we had a BLAST going house to house.  In fact, I didn't want to stop!  She had so much fun, it was so fun to see her go house to house, saying "trick-a-treat", hold out her bag, and then "thank you."  This was definitely my favorite Halloween.  This is what it's all about.
That night as I was getting Avery ready for bed, she gave me a huge hug and said "I had fun trick-a-treat Mommy."  So sweet.  Best Halloween ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment