The Hunts

The Hunts

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daddy

There is nothing I adore more than the sweet bond between Avery and her Daddy. Avery is still very much a Mommy's girl, but there's something special between the bond she and Andy have and it makes my heart melt. Sundays and Mondays Andy works later and doesn't get home until Avery's long asleep. But she always asks to wait for Daddy so she can give him kisses. As promised Daddy always kisses her goodnight upon arrival. Last night, out of instinct she reached up in her sleep and gave him a hug. This morning as I was heading to the gym, Avery woke up, asking to "night-night Daddy" and cuddled up right next to him in bed. Seeing the love they have for each other makes me fall for my husband all over again.

There's something very special about the Father-Daughter bond.  I hope both my girls are close to their Dad throughout their lives.  I still value the bond with my Dad.  Here's to great Dads and their Daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment