The Hunts

The Hunts

Monday, November 22, 2010

God Bless Avery

Our little Avery got baptized yesterday! As you probably know, Andy and I aren't real "churchy," in fact I can count on one hand how many times we've been to church together in the 10 years we've been together, but this was something we thought was important for Avery. We want to do everything in our power to keep this little girl safe. And as I've mentioned before about my friend's grand-daughter, Maddy, who has been fighting cancer I've realized how voulnerable babies are. God was on Maddy's side -she's now post-surgery, with the tumor gone and will be regaining full mobility!

Avery was baptized in Olypmia, at Aunt Jess' & Uncle Mike's and Aunt Sarah's & Uncle Charlie's church - Gull Harbor. She was baptized with her cousin, Nolan. The whole Ruhl & Groth family were in attendance along with Avery's Grandma, Grandpa and Nana. Thank you to all of you who were there for Avery and Nolan on their special day and for all the beautiful things you gave her! She's a very lucky girl to have so many special people in her life.

Here's our little angel during church service.
During the baptism.
The parents - and Sponsors. Andy & I are godparents too now!
Oh yeah, Mommy got baptized too! (I was never baptized as a baby - my parent's wanted me to be able to choose my own religion). Now Avery and I can share this special day.
Ah, aren't these two cute?!
Nolan & Avery were exhausted after their big day.
God bless these two babies and keep them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment