The Hunts

The Hunts

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1/2 a Year Old!!!

Can you believe my tiny girl is already 6 months old?! Time sure does fly way too fast with babies. The past 6 months have been such a blessing to have this little girl in our lives. Although I don't want her to ever grow up, every stage is so much fun. She's become a little girl now, with a very fun personality, and she's such a cutie pie.

Avery is a very social girl - she loves to be out and about and will interrupt your conversation so that she can get a few words in too. She goes in stages on the words she decides to say - 2 weeks ago all she would say is "Dadda, dada, dada.." Last week she dropped Dada and started saying "Mum," obviously embracing the English on Daddy's side. I love hearing her say Mum, although it usually comes out when she's not real happy. Right before Halloween she started her grwol and has perfected it now. If she wasn't so darn cute I might think she was possessed by the devil. She gets real stiff and growls real loud. So funny.

She's working on sitting up, and is just about able to do it on her own. Sometimes in her quest to grab her feet her head gets the best of her and she falls over on her stomach, but she goes with it and pushes herself up on her arms. Speaking of arms, she has them up all the time. We're not quite sure if it's "Pick me up," "I'm scared," "I think I'm a bird..." It's hard to get pictures of her without the arms in the air. She's gotten pretty good at rolling over from her back to stomach now. I guess it was hard for her to get this skill down since she's held all day by Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Grandma... Hard to be so loved! She still loves her very pink exersaucer and sometimes has so much fun that CRAZY BABY comes out and she attacks the toys with her arms and mouth. She thinks it's hilarious when I then call her Craaaaazy Baby. :)

Every time I leave this little stinker behind I ask for kisses and she's gotten really good at slobbering all over my cheek now and smiles big when I thank her for the kisses. Such a sweetie.

We think the teeth are making a comeback, she's normally such a happy baby but she has her moments where she has complete melt-downs and holds her gums. We're still waiting to see that first tooth pop out of the gums. Poor baby. She started eating 2 weeks ago, starting with mashed up Avacado. She's still not too sure about the food thing, but she and Opa love making a huge mess trying to get it in her mouth.

Avery had a 6 month photo shoot with a professional photographer, Irene Jones out of Everett that I went to high school with. We get to see them this Saturday and I can't wait! Irene posted about our shoot on her blog - check it out and check out her amazing photography: http://blog.ijphoto.net/2010/11/08/avery/

In the meantime, here are the pictures from Avery's monthly at-home photo shoot. The new blonde hair is still coming in, pardon the slight baldness.

Trying to escape the photoshoot.
Shhh... don't tell Mom... I'm going to take this ridiculous bow off when she's not looking...
There's my smiley baby. How can you not be crazy about this little girl?
Happy 1/2 birthday Avery! I can't wait to see what's yet to come and can't believe how much you've changed my life and filled my heart with so much love. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment