The Hunts

The Hunts

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Oma!

Today we are wishing my Oma a very Happy 85th Birthday! We got to celebrate with her on Sunday.

Here's Avery helping Oma open her gifts.My Oma is a very special person. She's the person I admire most in life, for her unfailing kindness, strength to overcome adversity, determination, compassion, wisdom, humility, humor, spunk and love for her family. Born March 28, 1927, as Albertine Louise Dom, now known as "Bertie" Hermans, she is Avery's middle namesake and I believe the inspiration of Avery's spirited personality. My Oma has lived a life worth writing a book about, and through all the hardships she has faced, she has always remained the most loving, caring person I've ever met. I am so fortunate to have grown up with my Oma and Opa as a big part of my life and now Avery gets to have them in her life too.

Today Oma, as with almost every day, we celebrate the amazing woman you are and the inspirational life you have led over the past 85 years. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment