The Hunts

The Hunts

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Waiting for Baby M

I'm so fortunate this time around to be able to exercise my full maternity benefits, and take 2 weeks off prior to delivery.  (With Avery I was in labor my last day of work and only had 4 weeks off).  These last 2 weeks off have been great.  Not only have I been able to get baby's room in order and get a little more prepared, but I've also been able to spend quality time with my first munchkin before she has to share Mommy with a new baby.  Here's what we've been up to:

Taking relaxing baths with Mommy.
Got to hang out with Oma.  She got us our new very cool stroller that accomodates both kiddos.  Avery thinks it's pretty cool and Opie and I had way too much fun playing with all the features.
Walks with Daddy around the Ridge.  They are serious walkers, regardless of temperature.
 We got pedicures with Nana. Avery thought this was sooo cool and keeps complimenting Mommy on her "pretty toes" and showing people the flowers on her toes.
We baked cookies. 
I decided to try the 3 day potty training method as a last minute attempt for 1 kid in diapers.  And the results, after 3 days of a pantless Avery and messes all over the floor, my munchkin peed in the potty!!!  We are SOOO proud of her. 
Playing dollhouse with Daddy.  (pantless)
We did an art project.  She has decorated our whole frige with her paintings. 
 Morning cuddles with Mommy and baby sister, who kept kicking her in the ear.
 Playdough! 
To my sweet Avery: thank you so much for being such an amazing, loving, funny, smart, spunky addition to my life.  You have consumed my whole heart.  I can only imagine having enough love left to share with your little sister too.  I know you're going to be the best big sister, for you truly care about others and have been pretend playing with Baby for months.  I'm so blessed to have gotten to spend the last couple weeks giving you 100% of me.  I love you Stinker, I can't wait to see you as a big sister!   

No comments:

Post a Comment